Aug 2, 2014

Inle Lake (Myanmar) >>>>>> Koh Pha Ngan (Thailand)

On my longest journey so far (time wise) in one straight shot of traveling I went from Inle Lake, Myanmar to Koh Pha Ngan, Thailand. This trip included one plane, one taxi, one mini van, one tuk-tuk, one pedestrian car, two boats, two trains, and four buses. The total journey took roughly 47 hours. I left on Tuesday July 8th at 4:30 pm and finally arrived to my bungalow on Koh Pha Ngan about 3:30 pm on Thursday July 10th. To say I was ready for a stiff drink that afternoon is definitely an understatement. At the time I was headed to Koh Pha Ngan for the full moon party on the night of the 12th. I was going to make it in time of party regardless but after 2 and a half months of no beaches I was doing everything in power to get there ASAP. Here is a breakdown of how my timetable unfolded from Inle Lake to Koh Pha Ngan with a little commentary on the side.

-Inle Lake to Bus Stop for Yangon, Myanmar. Mode of transportation (MOT) = Tuk Tuk.
4:30 PM-5:10 PM
-Bus Stop to Yangon. MOT = Bus. 5:41 PM-6:40 AM
-Yangon Bus Station to Downtown Yangon. MOT = Local Burmese Bus (Everyone on the bus was headed to work so it was absolutely packed! It didn't help that I had my massive backpack that took up enough space for two Burmese people...) 7:20 AM-8:48 AM
-BREAK (Wandered downtown for a few hours)
-Downtown Yangon to Yangon Airport. MOT = Taxi. 2:51 PM-3:44 PM
-Yangon to Bangkok. MOT = Plane. 5:51 PM-7:27 PM
-Don Muang Airport Bangkok to BTS Station (BTS = Bangkok's skytrain system). MOT = Car (A guy I met on the plane said he would give me a ride from the airport to the closest BTS stop).
8:11 PM-8:40 PM
-BTS to MRT Station (MRT is Bangkok's underground railway system). MOT = BTS.
8:45 PM-9:22 PM
-MRT to Bangkok Train Station. MOT = Underground Train. 9:25 PM-9:38 PM
-Stand by wait for train to ticket to Champon 9:40 PM-10:35 PM (Received last ticket on train to Champon after last minute cancellation)
-Bangkok Train Station to Champon (Port city for boat to Koh Pha Ngan). MOT = Train.
10:50 PM-5:03 AM
-Champon Train Station to Champon Port. MOT = Bus. 5:35 AM-6:05 AM
-Champon Port to Koh Tao Island (All the boats from Champon directly to Koh Pha Ngan were full so I was sent to Koh Tao to be put on stand by for a boat from their to Koh Pha Ngan). MOT = Boat. 7:30 AM-9:32 AM
-Koh Tao to Koh Pha Ngan (After four hours on stand by I got a boat to Koh Pha Ngan!!). MOT = Boat. 1:30 PM-3:00 PM
-Koh Pha Ngan Port to Coral Bungalows. MOT = Mini van. 3:25 PM-3:47 PM

After all was said and done tears of joy nearly wept from my face. I was so happy to finally arrive and let the festivities commence. Looking back on it now I'm still astonished I made it through all that without any MAJOR problems. I have to say luck was on my side for that journey. Below is one of the very few pictures I have from Koh Pha Ngan and the full moon party.

Coral Bungalow Pool Party the night before Full Moon


No comments:

Post a Comment